The Trust was started in 2003 and registered with the Charity Commission in February 2004. It was started by the then acting headteacher, some concerned past and then current parents of children at the school, some Governors and a local Councillor. The purpose and objectives were to raise funds to pay for educational, play and sporting equipment and therapies, which were not being provided by the Local Authority. The children’s special needs often require specialist IT and electronic equipment and special play items and features and special therapies.
Items provided in recent years include:
- A minibus (in conjunction with The Variety Club of Great Britain)
- Refurbishment of the food technology room
- Drainage and paving of some outside areas
- Specialist perimeter fencing to enable the whole site to be developed for use by the school and the local community.
- Five years of funding to enable pupils to participate in a music therapy program.
- Radios, DVD players and keyboards for each classroom